Sky Bet Club / Transfer Fund
What's coming next
All tokens earned up until 23:59 on 30th June will be counted into the final draw.
On 1st July all tokens will go into a hat and the names of 10 finalists will be drawn at random.
A live draw will be held by 10th July. Will you win £250,000 for your club, and £5,000 for yourself?
Yes, we have new draw dates for July 2015. Also, to avoid confusion we've tidied up our terms around clubs which have a transfer embargo. Clubs who have an active embargo relating to Financial Fair Play will only be allowed to spend the winning funds on the wages of free transfers or free loans.
Yes, we’ve carried your entry over so you can keep earning tokens for your club. If you want to be removed from the second Transfer Fund, please contact us and request this.
Simply start typing your favourite Football League team into the box above, and pick from the options that appear.
No, you cannot change your team. Would you really want to support a rival? Once you have selected a team, they will be the team you are collecting for throughout the promotion, so be careful that you pick the right one!
All 72 clubs in the Sky Bet Championship, League One, and League Two are available to select as your chosen team.
We will provide updates throughout the Transfer Fund promotion of how your team is getting on.
We will provide updates throughout the Transfer Fund promotion of how many tokens you have earned.
You will be able to earn tokens up until 30th June at 11:59.59pm
Yes! This promotion is open to join up until the very last day, but your bets will only count towards tokens for your club once you have picked your team, so the sooner you choose the better!
Yes they do.
For the first draw to choose our finalists, we will be using an approved random number generator, overseen by an official adjudicator. The final draw will be made at random by an independent person.
The £250,000 Transfer Fund will be available for your club to use in the 2015 Summer Transfer Window, and the personal £5,000 prize will be available within 72 hours of the draw being made.
The Sky Bet Transfer Fund
Terms and Conditions
Registration & Entering
- This promotion is open to United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Republic of Ireland residents, aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any British Sky Broadcasting Group company (“Sky”), the Football League, other companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter this promotion. Due to new regulations put in place by The Football Association as of the 1st August 2014, professional footballers within the United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland may also not enter this promotion. As of the 2014/15 season, professional footballers betting on any football-related matter, including player transfers, employment of managers or team selection is prohibited by The FA. These restrictions extend to any employee of football clubs above Step 4 of the National League System.
- This promotion opens on Tuesday 16th December 2014 at 12.00.01am and closes on Tuesday 30th June 2015 at 11:59.59pm (the “Promotional Period”).
Sky Bet customers who are registered (as part of the Transfer Fund promotion) as supporters of Football League clubs (“Clubs”) on skybet.com will receive Transfer Fund tokens (the “Tokens”) for bets they place on Sky Bet during the Promotional Period, including bets placed on virtual sports. The Tokens will be awarded as follows:
- One (1) Token for every £1 bet placed. An increased stake will result in an increase in Tokens received, e.g. if a customer places a £20 bet, they will receive twenty (20) Tokens.
- Bets of amounts below £1 can be accumulated for one (1) Token, e.g. if a customer places two (2) 50p bets, they will receive one (1) Token.
- Each Token earned has equal value regardless of bet placed, bets won or lost, or the club supported.
- Bets placed on Sky Vegas, Sky Casino, Sky Poker & Sky Bingo do not qualify for Tokens.
Selecting the Winner
- Each Token earned during the Promotional Period shall be entered into a prize draw (“First Draw”). The First Draw shall take place on Wednesday 1st July 2015 and ten (10) Tokens belonging to ten (10) unique customers will be selected at random by an independent person using an approved automated random number generator.
- When the First Draw takes place, the first customer drawn out will be awarded a £5,000 cash prize (the “First Personal Prize”). A further nine (9) customers will be drawn out.
- If a customer is drawn who supports a Club with a transfer sanction in place as a result of an unpaid debt to a football creditor (see Section 5 below) or their Club has opted-out, or their club is leaving the Football League (either through promotion or relegation), their Club will not be taken forward to the final draw. In the case where their Club has a transfer sanction as a result of a breach of the Financial Fair Play rules, their club will still be taken forward to the final draw, although with restrictions placed on how this money can be spent (see section 5).
- The prize draw process will continue until there are ten (10) eligible entries selected.
- Each of these ten (10) customers will be entered into the final draw on or around Thursday 9th July (the “Final Draw”) for an equal chance to win a £5,000 cash prize (the “Second Personal Prize”) and the £250k transfer fund (the “Transfer Fund”) for their Club. The location and format of the Final Draw shall be decided by the Promoter.
- The Final Draw winner shall be selected at random by an independent person. The Final Draw winner shall win the Second Personal Prize and the Transfer Fund for their Club, subject to their Club not having a transfer sanction caused by an unpaid debt to a football creditor.
- To claim either of the First or Second Personal Prizes (together the “Personal Prizes”), the winners must hold a valid and active Sky Bet account.
- Customers who have self-excluded from Sky Bet, who have had their accounts suspended by Sky Bet, or are subject to a football banning order by the CPS or local police; during the promotional period and prior to draw will be removed from the First and Final Draws and will be ineligible to win the Personal Prizes or the Transfer Fund.
- Each of the Personal Prizes will each be paid in the form of withdrawable cash into the winner's Sky Bet account no later than 48 hours after the Final Draw.
- The Personal Prizes and the Transfer Fund are non-transferable.
- If the winners are unable to attend the Final Draw they will be contacted by phone and email no later than 48 hours after the Final Draw.
- If a winner selected is no longer a valid and active Sky Bet customer or cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours from being selected, the prize will be null and void for both the customer and their Club and a new winner will be selected at random by an independent person.
How your club can spend the Transfer Fund
- The Transfer Fund will be awarded to the Club supported by the winning customer in the Final Draw.
- Sky Bet will transfer funds to a Football League transfer fee account and will be made available as soon as is practical in the relevant transfer window (within 48 hours of the Final Draw being made)
- The winning Club must sign a new player(s) using the Transfer Fund.
- The Transfer Fund can only be used to cover player(s) transfer fees, player(s) loan fees, new player(s)’s wages, VAT and applicable transfer levies. It may include a payment schedule for a player agreed between two (2) clubs and can be put towards a larger fee for a player(s).
- The player(s) signed using the Transfer Fund must be over the age of 18.
- Agents’ fees and additional admin costs will not be covered.
The winning Club must spend a minimum of the Transfer Fund in the transfer window associated with the win. The minimum spend will depend on the league of the winning club:
- Championship – 75% of the Transfer Fund.
- League 1 – 50% of the Transfer Fund.
- League 2 – 25% of the Transfer Fund.
- Any surplus Transfer Fund must be spent by the end of the next transfer window and if it is not used in this period, the winning club shall lose the right to spend the outstanding Transfer Fund and it shall be returned to Sky Bet by the Football League.
- As set out in Section 2 above, where a customer is drawn in the First Draw or Final Draw and their Club is under a transfer sanction caused by an unpaid debt to a football creditor, the individual will be eligible to win the Personal Prize although the Club will be ineligible to win the Transfer Fund. In the case where their Club has a transfer sanction as a result of a breach of the Financial Fair Play rules, their club will still be taken forward to the final draw, although they can only use this money to pay for the wages of players signed on a Free Transfer or Free Loan basis.
- Clubs will be informed of the date of the First Draw to give them the opportunity to resolve any reasons for a Transfer Sanction ahead of the First Draw
- All clubs transfer sanctions will be kept as strictly confidential by Sky Bet and all Sky Bet employees.
General Terms and Conditions
- Any registration activity, bets or other activity with Sky Bet shall be governed by the Sky Bet Terms & Conditions.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any prize that does not reach the winner for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all respects. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with these entry Terms & Conditions will be disqualified.
- Details of each winner's name will be available for one (1) month after the close of this promotion by writing to; The Sponsorship Team, Sky Bet, 2 Wellington Place, Leeds LS1 4AP stating the name and date of the promotion.
- In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter may use each entrant’s personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion. All entrants may be required to participate in such publicity as the Promoter reasonably requires, including but not limited to photography, interviews and media activity. The Promoter shall also have the right to use each of the winners’ image and name in all marketing and media activity.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter this promotion in a manner which in the Promoter's determination is contrary to these Terms & Condition's or by its nature is fraudulent or unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Promoter and/or any of it is agents or representatives), or who submits an illegible or incomplete entry, may be rejected from the promotion at the Promoter's sole discretion.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this promotion. All other Sky Betting and Gaming Terms and Conditions apply.
- This promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this promotion.
- Gamble responsibly. For more info visit http://www.gambleaware.co.uk.
- Promoter: Bonne Terre Limited (trading as "Sky Betting and Gaming"), with registered office at Maison de la Paix, Wide Lane, Alderney, GY9 3UZ